Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Anyone have dyno results from cam gears?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Ray000's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 17th, 2002
    Posts
    51
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    the plot isn't that great and gets cut off before the rev limiter. The problem was with the RPM pickup probe, it was almost broken. Thats why you see the lines get cut off in little chunks here and there. [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img] I'm guessing I picked up about 10whp somewhere in the midrange.

    RUN 002 = First dyno base run for my car.
    RUN 004 = Baseline for cam gear day's tuning.
    RUN 013 = The final settings my car was at when I left.

    torkdyno

    spddyno

  2. #2
    Inactive Member gsrteggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 14th, 2003
    Posts
    434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Are they worth doing and putting the labor into tuning?

    I got some Toda gears laying around, but at this point I am not sure I want to spend any more cash on my car...

    Anyone have any dyno results from putting gears on alone?

    Thanks

  3. #3
    Inactive Member gsrteggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 14th, 2003
    Posts
    434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    wow, that was strictly cam gears?

    Not bad for pretty much free horsepower

  4. #4
    Inactive Member gsrteggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 14th, 2003
    Posts
    434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    any other experinces? Dont need to post dyno results, just curious what people have seen...
    Thanks

  5. #5
    Inactive Member GSRcaucAZN78's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 11th, 2001
    Posts
    68
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    only a 4whp gain with my cam gears [img]frown.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member gsrteggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 14th, 2003
    Posts
    434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    throughout the rv band, or peak HP. I've seen a lot minimal peak HP gains, but insane mid range HP and torque increases

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •